The holidays are over, but the post-holiday sales are spurring plenty of shopping activity. No matter what the occasion is, there is one failsafe, practical, sure to please gift – a tee shirt.
We all wear tee shirts. At some point in the week, we find ourselves in a tee shirt. For some, it’s at the gym or while exercising, or out to dinner, donning a nicely fitted tee shirt under a sport coat. Others find themselves in a really comfortable tee shirt, just lounging around on the weekend, sporting something that’s casual, easy, and clean. And for another crowd, a tee shirt is the best nightgown or pajamas money can buy.
Some tee shirts become mementos. They remind us of a certain trip or vacation, tease us that we were once young and in college in the class of 19XX, or make us feel good about participating in a walk a thon or corporate charity event.
But for the majority of tee shirt wearing folks today, it’s become the uniform of style. A solid color tee shirt goes well under just about anything. In an increasingly growing sector of the tee shirt market, custom designed tee shirts are becoming a fashion and personal statement.
Tee shirts are now available with raunchy or very controversial messages, sure to create a look of amazement and a few raised eyebrows from HR when you show up wearing an offensive tee shirt to a company party or a neighbor’s get together. Search cool t-shirts, filthy tee shorts, or music tee shirts for some examples. These can be fun and worth a good laugh or spark a heated discussion, but may not be suitable for all audiences.
Another emerging custom tee shirt category offers original works of art interpretations of the famous people, or Icons, of our times. Many companies offer them, and you can find your choice from searching on Google, Yahoo, MSN, AOL, or any search engine you choose. One such company is Icon Tees, who says, “Icon is about You, It’s about me, It’s about all of us…..There are no restrictions, just representations. Say what you want without speaking. Your body is your billboard.” Icon Tees offers 100% original, one of a kind designed tee shirts featuring icons of past and present. Their tee shirts include figures whose prominence ranges from the art world to the underworld and from biblical times to present day. They can be worn to the club, around campus, or just about anywhere.
No matter what the occasion, a tee shirt is a great gift. Here are the top 10 reasons why:
1. Tee shirts come in all shapes and sizes, so you can find one to fit any size, shape, style of person.
2. They are practical. We wear them and will get use out of them, whether in and around town or to bed – they get worn. Climate Emergency
3. You can dress them up or down. With jeans or under a sport coat, tee shirts are always in style.
4. They can make a statement. Like Icon Tees says, “Say what you want without speaking.”
5. You can avoid insulting someone with a tee shirt gift. A diet book as a gift may earn you a slap or pair of jeans that are two sizes two small can really ruin a romantic evening.
6. Tee shirts are easy to order and wrap. Click away, then tuck in a box, throw into a bag, or just cover with some paper. This is a wrap job any shopper can do.
7. You can start your own trend with a tee shirt. Who knows? It may become so popular that even Donald Trump may come out with his own tee shirt line.
8. Online Etailers offer original designs with images, phrases, statements, artwork, or even icons like Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Lee, Notorious BIG, Frank Sinatra, Madonna, Marilyn Monroe, Kurt Cobain, Jesus Christ, Run DMC, John Gotti, and Mohammed Ali that will suit any age or taste.
9. They are really affordable and a great value for the money. And if it’s a good tee shirt, it will earn the wearer a compliment – and that will put you in their good graces for another year