If you find any few of the following signs in your basement and home, then your foundation requires immediate attention.
- Bowing walls
- Floor cracks
- Tilted chimney
- Uneven floors
- Jammed windows and doors
- Drywall cracks
- Collapsing retaining walls
Apart from these, other signs like sinking outdoor concrete, sagging crawl spaces, etc. can also indicate a problem. The only way out is to consult a foundation repair service and to have the problem fixed as soon as possible. If you decide to ignore these symptoms, the result will most likely be severe structural damages and costly repairs.
The products and services used for foundation repair are based on the depth of damages. Not all problems are the same, hence the solution required for each repair varies. Foundation walls must be able to withstand the force of the house above and the soil all around it. If they cannot withstand these forces, they will begin to bow, slide or crack. The cause is usually the soil surrounding the walls. This pressure must definitely be addressed when considering a repair.
The following products are regularly used for the various foundation issues:
- Wall anchors: These are used to counteract the soil pressure and stabilize the walls.
- I-Beam wall brace systems: When wall anchors cannot be used, adjustable steel I-beam systems can be used to stabilize the tilted walls and force them back to their original, upright position.
- Foundation piers: By using a foundation pier, a sinking foundation can be lifted up to its original position.
- Jack posts: Sagging crawl spaces can be straightened and strengthened using jack post systems.
The repair services offered by many companies take care of any cracks or structural problems. They will provide warranted services that are also transferable. Certain issues require foundation replacement which is time consuming and expensive. The following foundation repair services are commonly suggested: shotcrete concrete
- Wall stabilization
- Wall straightening
- Street creep repair
- Settlement repair
- Mud jacking
- Crawl space repair
Each service is aimed at addressing different issues related to foundations. It is crucial to address the worst part of the foundation issues which is the loose soil surrounding your foundation.
Foundation Repair Contractors and Cost
Reach out to a structural repair company in your area that specializes in providing innovative and permanent solutions to your foundation problems, be it a residential or commercial structure.
Many foundation repair experts are capable of doing replacement. They provide on-site assessments, gauge the extent of damage, and accordingly customize a solution for the problem.
The following factors influence the cost of a foundation repair:
- Size of the foundation
- Structural complexities
- The range of services availed
- The number of days taken to complete the repair
- The number of manpower required